Advance Your Skills
Learn about the vision, goals, philosophy and structure of Fellowship programs offered at University Health.
Reasons why nurses and physicians choose a Fellowship program at University Health include:
- Diversity of patient culture
- Large academic medical center — teaching environment for the next generation of health care professionals
- Affiliation with UT Health San Antonio — nationally and internationally recognized multispecialized physicians
- Home of the premier Level I trauma center with highest level pediatric trauma center in South Texas
- Clinical trials site for 400+ research protocols and CLER program
- New patient-centered, million-square-foot Sky Tower with advanced technology — da Vinci® robotic surgery, TAVR, outpatient surgical suites – and healing art
- Beautiful San Antonio
Perinatal-Neonatal Fellowship Program
University Health offers a three-year Perinatal-Neonatal Fellowship for physicians (MDs) who want further specialty training in the care and treatment of at-risk newborns and high-risk pregnancies.
Trauma Fellowship Program
A six-month Trauma Fellowship program is available for registered nurses (RNs) who want advanced specialty training in trauma medicine. RNs are required to have a background in critical care nursing and be employed at University Health for six months.