Senior Health Services
University Health System makes it easy for adults 60 and over to get healthy and stay that way with our PlatinumU Senior Health Program. We focus on promoting healthy and active living through a wide range of health-related services created just for you.
Our comprehensive PlatinumU program offers:
- Annual Wellness Visit for Medicare Patients; Yearly appointments, health risk assessments and personalized prevention plans
- Advance Care Planning Class;
Information class on medical power of attorney & advance directives, also includes a follow-up advance directives notary
- Ask the Expert/Community Events;
A variety of presentations from health professionals to educate the aging population (Carfit, health fairs, monthly calendar of events)
- Medicare Information Sessions;
Information session to help individuals learn about the ABCDs of Medicare and understand Medicare fraud
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program;
Free program to help the aging population with chronic diseases. Participants will learn how to manage and improve their health through this interactive workshop
- Fall Prevention and Awareness;
Fall prevention classes, where individuals can learn how to prevent falls and conduct home safety checks.
- Access to our Fitness Center;
$6 Per Month Senior Discount with PlatinumU members, free low-impact arthritis and aerobic exercise classes. Health staff is available to assist
- Diabetes and Nutrition Education;
Opportunity to learn and sample new tasty food recipes, the class costs $5
For more information or to enroll, call 210-358-7477.