New Women’s & Children’s Hospital
When our Women’s and Children’s Hospital opens in 2023, it will be the only hospital in South Texas dedicated to taking care of women, children and babies. You’ll benefit from compassionate care in a comfortable 12-story, 300-bed hospital with parking and space for future growth.
Women’s Primary Care
Maintain your health by following annual exam, health screening, and immunization schedules with your primary care provider. When you get tests regularly and follow your doctor’s health recommendations, you help prevent disease and support quality of life at every age.
Choose a convenient location close to home to receive women’s primary care.
Free Pregnancy Testing
If you think you may be pregnant, go to one of our women’s clinics for a pregnancy test at no cost to you. Meet with a provider who can answer your questions if you have a positive test result.
Considerate, Focused Care
Partner with our women’s health doctors in the San Antonio area for respectful, compassionate care. Our providers understand women's specific health needs, from adolescence through menopause and beyond. You’ll get confidential, personalized care.
Specialized Services for Women
Access a wide range of women’s health service focusing on your needs, such as:
- Behavioral health concerns like depression and anxiety
- Bone health and osteoporosis treatment
- Breast care and mammograms
- Contraception counseling and management
- Diabetes and hormone-related conditions
- Heart care along with cholesterol and blood pressure management
- Infertility evaluation and treatment
- Menopause-related conditions
- Pelvic floor conditions and therapy
- Routine and high-risk pregnancy and birthing care
- Reproductive health, gynecologic conditions and cancer screening and treatment
- Sleep disorders
- Teen and young adult health concerns
- Urologic and bladder care
Dedicated Women’s Emergency Care
Rely on us for San Antonio’s only 24-hour women’s emergency and trauma care. Come to University Hospital if you need emergency care for an urgent pregnancy problem, serious injury, trauma or life-threatening conditions. You’ll receive attention from staff who specialize in the area of care you might need.
We make it easier for you to take care of your health by providing support, including:
- Breastfeeding support from a lactation expert
- Childbirth, newborn and breastfeeding classes
- Financial assistance for care
- Interpreter services
- Nurse-Family Partnership program
Online Women’s Health Library
Visit our online health library to learn more about women’s health topics.