University Health cardiologists and surgeons are highly skilled at performing innovative heart procedures to treat patients with heart conditions.
Our Approach to Your Care
We seek out the safest, most effective treatment available, so you know you’re in good hands. Our state-of-the-art facilities, including our Advanced Diagnostic Center, and experienced staff help you feel comfortable before any test or procedure you may need.
Your Heart Team
While you’re in our care, you may have many people on your treatment team. You will find all of these health care providers right here at University Health.
Depending on your heart condition, you may have several of these specialists on your team:
- Cardiologists, heart doctors can also include interventional cardiologists, electrophysiologists and preventive cardiologists
- Cardiac surgeons
- Cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon, who can perform heart bypass, valve surgery, aortic surgery and other types of surgery
- Cardiac care nurses
- Imaging specialists
- Perfusionist, who operates the heart-lung bypass machine during heart bypass surgery
- Physical or occupational therapist
Excellence in Heart Care
The Heart and Vascular Institute team at University Health has been awarded for its excellence in heart care. These distinctions serve as proof of our commitment to you, from intake to discharge and rehab.
- Three-time Magnet-recognized from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 2021 Platinum Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology
- 2020 Gold Level Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) Award for Excellence in Life Support
- 2017 Silver Achievement Award from the American Heart Association
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention from the American College of Cardiology
- Certified Cardiac Rehab Program from the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- American College of Cardiology Cath lab accreditation
- Center for complex arrhythmias like VT ablation
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) for Adult and Pediatric Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology and Vascular Imaging
- Center for Lead Extraction
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association Center of Excellence