Teen Health Services: Providing Education and Medical Services
Providing Education and Medical Services to Pre-teens, Teens and Young Adults
Our Teen Health Clinic, in partnership with UT Health San Antonio, focuses on comprehensive health care needs for male and female pre-teens, teens and young adults that are 10-24 years old. Our teen health clinic team provides education and medical services in a welcoming, safe and supportive environment with staff specially trained to care for this age group. Patients and their parents are supported with care and information that is age-appropriate and empowers good decision making and self-care.
Some teens only see their health care provider when they are hurt or sick. Your teen is getting old enough to start taking an interest in their health. Staying healthy means more than just seeking medical attention when something is wrong, it means preventing problems before they start.
Our Teen Health Clinic offers many services including:
- Reproductive health counseling
- Teen health and puberty development
- Teen vaccines and immunizations
- School/sports physicals
- Referrals to medical specialists
- Behavioral and mental health counseling
- Referrals to counselors, social services, Nurse-Family Partnership, school-age parenting and GED programs