The following information is a guide to become a University Health System volunteer.
Step 1: Application
- Submit the online application to our office.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Please allow 5-10 business days for application to process.
4502 Medical Drive MS 63-1
San Antonio, TX 78229
Step 2: Group Interview
Step 3: Health Screening
Volunteer Services Department will approve your appointment with the Employee Health Clinic located at University Hospital at 4502 Medical Drive. The health screening involves a mini physical, a urine drug test, a TB test, and a flu shot.
Important: The TB test will require a second visit, 48 hours after the administration of the test, to determine the results. You will need to bring the following items with you at the time of your second appointment.
- Current driver's license
- A list of the medications you are currently taking, if any.
- Immunization records-if you do not have your records, a blood test may be performed to determine the presence of certain antibodies. The blood test is free of charge. If antibodies are not present you will be informed immediately and given the option of having the vaccines administered by our staff at a cost, visit with your doctor, or go to any of the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District offices.
Step 4: Orientation, Badge, Parking, Uniform
The final onboarding step provides you the tools for a success and rewarding volunteer experience.
- Complete the online orientation
- Complete an onsite orientation, approximately one hour complete
- Take a photo for your volunteer badge
- Provide proof of vehicle registration and insurance to issue a parking privileges
- Uniform is issued by the Volunteer Office