Speech & Language Therapy
At Reeves Rehabilitation Center, our Speech and Language pathologists are specially trained to address various impairments in adults and children. In children, early detection and treatment is vital to learning and communication. We provide comprehensive evaluation including testing, development and implementation of a treatment plan to meet you and your family’s needs.
Speech & Language Therapy consists of assessment and treatment of any impairment related to speech, swallowing, language, and cognition. Whether the impairment is from trauma or from a disease process, rehabilitation of these impairments is critical to returning back to school or employment, successful swallowing and independent communication.
Some common impairments addressed in speech and language therapy include:
- Orofacial disorders
- Speech sound disorders
These impairments can be a result from:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Oral and laryngeal cancer
- Neurological diseases
- Language based learning disabilities
- Preschool language and speech delays/disorders
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Cleft lip and palate
- Other disorders of speech, voice, cognition and swallowing
Services we provide include:
- Language and articulation evaluation and therapy
- Swallowing assessment and therapy
- Cognitive evaluation, treatment and retraining
- Fluency evaluation and training
- Pediatric evaluation and therapy
- Voice restoration after total laryngectomy
Speech pathologists at Reeves Rehabilitation Center have either completed advanced study in a specific field, have additional certification and/or have significant experience to address the needs of all patients. We are committed to helping you achieve positive outcomes in communication and swallowing function.
Location: Medical Center Pavilion, 2nd Floor
Contact us today if you are interested in learning about speech and language therapy at Reeves Rehabilitation Center.