Our surgical program is led by board-certified pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons who have 40 years of combined experience in pediatric heart care.
- Dr. John H. Calhoon is professor and chair of Cardiothoracic Surgery at UT Health San Antonio, and holds the president’s council chair for excellence in surgery. He is a Harvard trained pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon who has 30 years of experience. He is ably assisted by colleagues with a deep commitment to the Congenital Heart Program that have been a part of our team for decades.
- Dr. Ed Sako is division head of Cardiac Surgery at UT Health San Antonio.
- Dr. O. LaWayne Miller is professor and senior adult cardiac surgeon.
Our cardiology team consists of 6 pediatric cardiologists who provide innovative clinical care with a family-centered approach.
- Dr. Patrick Glasow is a clinical professor of pediatrics in the Division of Cardiology at UT Health San Antonio.
- Dr. Elaine Maldonado-Campbell is an associate professor of pediatrics and director of Pediatric and Fetal Echocardiography Services at UT Health San Antonio.
- Dr. Steven R. Neish is a professor of pediatrics at UT Health San Antonio and holds the Greehey Family Foundation chair in Pediatric Pardiology.
- Dr. Mehul D. Patel is an assistant professor of pediatrics at UT Health San Antonio.
- Dr. Roozbeh Taeed is an associate professor of pediatrics at UT Health San Antonio.