Animesh Agarwal, MDOrthopedic Surgery
Ian Whitney, MDOrthopedic Surgery
Steven Stuto, DPMFoot Ankle Surgery
Knee Conditions We Treat
Whether you’re an athlete or someone who wants to live a full and active life, strong, healthy knees are important. Our San Antonio orthopedic doctors can help reduce pain in your knees and treat knee injuries.
Knee conditions we treat:
- Knock knees and bow legs: Knock knees is a condition where your knees turn inward, leaving a large gap between your ankles. Bow legs is a condition where your knees stay wide apart even when your ankles are together. Both conditions can be common as children develop, and usually correct themselves without any treatment. If not, our knee specialists can diagnose and treat these knee conditions.
- Osteoarthritis: Also known as the “wear and tear” arthritis, it affects weight-bearing joints including knees.
- Dislocations: A dislocation is when your bone gets separated from its joint, which can happen to knees.
- Meniscus tears: Your knee has connective tissue that helps to absorb shock and cushion the lower part of your leg from the weight of the rest of your body. When they tear, they can cause pain and need treatment.
- ACL and MCL tears: Anterior cruciate ligaments (ACL) and medial collateral ligaments (MCL) are two kinds of ligament injuries that your knee specialist can diagnose and treat.