Animesh Agarwal, MDOrthopedic Surgery
Crystal Ramanujam, DPMPodiatry
Ian Whitney, MDOrthopedic Surgery
If you have pain or limited function in your hand, wrist, elbow or shoulder, you know how hard it can be to do simple, everyday tasks. The orthopedic specialists, hand and shoulder surgeons at University Health can help with expert treatments for all of these areas.
Hand, Arm and Shoulder Conditions We Treat
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: The carpal tunnel is an opening in your wrist that forms when all of the carpal bones come together. When the median nerve inside is irritated, you can develop symptoms like weakness, pain or numbness in your hands and fingers.
- Fractures and dislocations: When bones in your hand, arm, elbow or shoulder break or separate from each other, we can treat and repair them. Wrist fractures are some of the most common hand conditions that our orthopedic specialists treat.
- Shoulder problems: Your shoulder is the most movable joint in your body. It has a great range of motion, which also makes it more likely to be injured. Our specialists can treat shoulder dislocations and rotator cuff tears that affect the muscles and tendons that hold your shoulder in place. We can also care for your total shoulder replacement if you need it.
- Arthritis: Also known as osteoarthritis, this condition can cause pain in your hand joints.
- Finger abnormalities and growth abnormalities: Our certified hand therapists can diagnose and treat different kinds of abnormalities in finger bones and tissue.