Our Epilepsy Facility
Home to the Largest Epilepsy Program in Texas
The South Texas Comprehensive Epilepsy Center (STCEC) at University Health is a Level IV Comprehensive Epilepsy Center. That means it’s home to the highest level of state-of-the-art diagnostics, advanced care and expertise available in Central and South Texas.
As the largest comprehensive epilepsy program in Texas, the STCEC is where over 4,000 patients come annually for epilepsy diagnostics and care. You’ll find specialists committed to using the latest technology and their expertise to improve the lives of all the patients they care for.
Advantages of a Level IV Epilepsy Center
As a Level IV epilepsy center, STCEC provides:
- 10-bed adult and four-bed pediatric state-of-the-art monitoring units, using the latest continuous monitoring system
- The most sophisticated imaging and monitoring technology available
- Advanced treatment options using the latest tools and procedures
- Clinical research-backed approach to care as part of an academic medical center
- Access to new treatments through clinical trials
STCEC is not only a center of excellence for epilepsy care – it’s a center of healing and hope, thanks to San Antonio’s most compassionate epilepsy specialists. They are the heart behind exceptional care.