Your Visit to The Texas Liver Tumor Center
On the day of your appointment, you will meet the members of a highly qualified and experienced team of physicians and healthcare providers who have come together to provide you with the most comprehensive plan of care possible in a single clinic visit.
Who Is Part of The Texas Liver Tumor Center Team?
The Liver Tumor Center team is comprised of our highly experienced and knowledgeable staff including:
- Clinical Coordinator: A physician assistant with a significant amount of experience in liver tumors and treatments who will guide you through the process at our Center.
- Surgeons: Experienced and well-known in the fields of transplantation and advanced liver surgeries who will evaluate each patient to determine the right diagnosis and treatments.
- Hepatologist: A physician who specializes in diseases of the liver.
- Medical Oncologist: Physicians that diagnose and treat cancer with a variety of therapies including chemotherapy.
- Interventional Radiologist: Radiologists who have additional training and provide minimally invasive options to treat some specific liver tumors.
- Dietitians: Our dietitians are key members of our team available throughout your process to provide nutritional counseling to help you remain as healthy as possible.
- Social Workers: Caring and compassionate team members who can assist you with any non-medical issues during the process and help complete necessary paperwork for your employer or insurance company.
What Will My Day Be Like?
We ask that you arrive at the clinic no later than 7:30 a.m. Your registration will be completed, blood will be drawn and if needed,you will be escorted to our nearby imaging facility to complete any necessary radiology studies. All transportation to and from our adjacent facilities is provided.
Once you complete the radiology exams, you will be brought back to clinic where you will meet the patient navigator, hepatologist and medical oncologist. The dietitians will meet with you to discuss any concerns that you may have regarding your diet.
There will be a break in your day between 11:30 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. during which time you may leave the clinic for lunch. This is the time that the physician/provider team will meet to discuss your case. Your laboratory results, imaging and history will be reviewed and a comprehensive plan of care will be developed just for you.
Please return to the clinic no later than 12:30 p.m. so that you will be on time to meet one of the doctors who will discuss the team's recommendations with you. If there are multiple recommendations then you may meet with more than one doctor.
When you have completed your meeting with the physicians then you will meet with the social worker, dietitians, and finally the patient navigator who will answer any questions that you or your loved ones may have.
At the end of the day, you will be provided with written treatment recommendations and follow-up appointments as necessary. The team's recommendations will also be faxed to your physician of choice.