Oftentimes, before your doctor can make an accurate diagnosis, they will order blood, tissue or urine tests. These tests reveal important information about your body’s inner processes and can provide your doctor with critical details to inform your treatment path.
Get comprehensive lab testing at one of University Health’s many outpatient facilities.
Tests We Perform
- Blood draw
- Cervical cell evaluation, which tests cells drawn during a Pap test
- Diagnostic testing for infectious diseases
- Evaluation and diagnosis of malignant and nonmalignant blood disorders
- Routine and specialized coagulation testing to measure your blood's ability to clot
- Semen analysis for fertility and post-vasectomy evaluation
- Sweat chloride testing for cystic fibrosis
- Testing for organ transplants
- Testing for drugs or chemicals in your body
- Urine testing
Critical Programs We Support
In addition to routine testing, our lab tests provide critical information to a number of University Health’s lifesaving programs, including:
- Emergency services – Our on-site emergency room laboratory provides the Level I trauma team with vital test results around-the-clock to support treatment for injured and ill patients.
- Transplant program – We perform essential HLA identification, which helps find an organ or stem cells that might be a good transplant match. We also perform crossmatch tests for adult and pediatric patients within the transplant program, which can help determine if donor tissue is compatible with the recipient. We also are extensively involved in the living donor programs for kidney and liver transplants.
- Dialysis clinics – We provide lab services to patients at our Texas Diabetes Institute (TDI), one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive centers dedicated to diabetes prevention, treatment, research and education.
View Your Results
Access your lab results through MyChart. Your doctor will also get a copy of your test results, so you can call them directly to get your results.