Help for Your Kidney ConcernsYour kidneys play a vital role in filtering your blood, ridding your body of waste and controlling your blood pressure. You can have a condition that impairs your kidney function and not even notice any symptoms. When you learn that your kidneys aren’t working the way they’re supposed to, you want to make sure you’re in the right place to get the right care.
University Health kidney specialists – nephrologists – treat adults and children throughout South Texas with varied levels of kidney disease. We apply our expertise to carefully and thoughtfully diagnose your condition and give you the treatment that’s best for you.
Kidney Conditions We Treat
- Acute kidney failure
- Chronic kidney diseases
- Congenital and inherited kidney diseases, treated in conjunction with Children’s Health Kidney Center at University Children's Health
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Hypertension disorders (adults and children)
- Kidney cancer
- Kidney cysts
- Kidney infections
- Kidney stone disease, treated in conjunction with Urology
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine)
- Urinary tract infection
We also provide comprehensive pre- and post-kidney transplant care.