Exceptional Breast Care Options for You
Our experienced, compassionate breast care team works with hundreds of women and men each year to deliver exceptional treatments for breast cancer and other breast conditions. We offer sophisticated therapies through our partnership with UT Health San Antonio.
Treatments for All Breast Conditions
You can receive comprehensive treatment for all types of breast conditions in our technologically advanced facilities. From chemotherapy to surgery to rehabilitation, you can get the treatments you need.
Comprehensive Breast Cancer Treatment for Everyone in Our Community
University Health experts understand breast cancer affects the entire person – and the entire family. We bring together physicians, nurse specialists and other practitioners throughout University to bring you innovative, holistic breast cancer care that addresses your medical and emotional needs. We will stay at your side throughout the entire process, from diagnosis to discharge to follow-up.
When you choose us for breast cancer treatment, you will immediately be assigned a patient navigator who will walk with you every step of the way. Your patient navigator will assist you with care coordination, scheduling, insurance, funding and more. You will never be alone in your breast cancer journey, because your patient navigator is always a phone call away.
We also offer a breast cancer support group and other support services to help you get through this challenging time.
A Full Range of Treatments for Breast Conditions
We offer both men and women surgical and nonsurgical options for breast issues.
Our holistic approach to breast health treatments includes many nonsurgical options. These may be used alone to treat benign breast conditions or in combination with surgery to treat breast cancer. We offer:
- Comfort care – including topical skin preparations to improve skin quality during radiation therapy or to treat runner’s nipple
- Genetic counseling – to help you assess your risk of developing breast cancer
- Hormone therapy
- Lymphedema therapy – performed by specially trained physical therapists to address post-mastectomy arm swelling
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted therapies, such as biologic medications that attack specific types of cancer cells
For breast cancer, surgery is the treatment of choice. Surgery also can be an excellent choice for certain benign breast conditions. Our expert breast surgeons have decades of experience and work with thousands of patients each year to remove tumors and get you on a path to restored health.
We perform a full range of breast surgeries for women and men, including:
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- Benign tumor excision – to remove smaller cysts and encapsulated noncancerous tumors
- Breast reconstruction – either immediately at the time of mastectomy or at a later date
- Breast reduction – in cases where extremely large breasts cause you back pain
- Gynecomastia surgery
- Partial mastectomy
- Total mastectomy
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy