Hosting a blood drive provides an easy way for you and your organization to give back.
- University Hospital transfused more than 30,000 units of blood in 2017.
- The hospital relies on yours, and the rest of the San Antonio community to donate the blood needed to perform patient procedures.
- All donations collected by our team goes directly to our patients.
- You get the chance to help us save lives.
University Health is owned by the people of Bexar County. Dating back 1917 as a city-county partnership, it has evolved into a nationally recognized academic medical center (University Hospital) and an ambulatory network with almost two dozen locations.
University Hospital’s specialized trauma team is in the hospital every day, around the clock, because serious injuries can happen to anyone at any time. There are less than 20 Level I Trauma centers in Texas. University Hospital is proud to be a lifesaving resource for a 22-county region of South Texas.
What does this mean for our Partnership?
- Blood Donor Services will assign you a designated point of contact who will help you organize, advertise, and facilitate your drive every step of the way.
- Marketing materials will be given to you in advance.
- We will help you determine the time, space, and location.
- We dedicate our team will provide the knowledge and experience to understand your needs.