Carlos Velez, MDPsychiatry
Christopher Wallace, MDPsychiatry
Jessica Sandoval, MDChild Psychiatry Psychiatry
If you are having a mental health emergency – especially if you are having thoughts of suicide or self-harm – please call 911 immediately, or dial the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 9-8-8.
- EMERGENCY/POLICE/EMS: 911
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 24/7 free, confidential support.
- (English) 9-8-8; www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- (Español) 9-8-8; www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-yourself/en-espanol
- The Center for Health Care Services (CHCS)
- 24-hour Crisis and Substance Use Helpline: 1-800-316-9241 or 210-223-SAFE (7233)
- Crisis Care Center: 601 N. Frio, San Antonio; 24/7 walk-in services.
- Mobile Crisis Outreach Team: 210-223-7233; Face-to-face assessments where you are.
- Crisis Counseling Program: 210-540-7401; (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.); Free for all Bexar County residents; in person or virtual appointments. Provides emotional support and help finding other resources.
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Hotline: (Toll-free English/Español) 1-800-985-5990
- Battered Women & Children’s Shelter Crisis Line: 210-733-8810
Outpatient Services in San Antonio
Reach out to your primary care provider if you have one.
- Bexar County Department of Behavioral Health: 210-335-0764
- The Center for Health Care Services: Call intake 210-261-1250, (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) to begin the registration process.
- San Antonio Council on Alcohol & Drug Awareness: 210-225-4741
Inpatient Services in San Antonio
If you need immediate evaluation, you can go to one of the following hospitals:
- Laurel Ridge Treatment Center: 210-491-9400; 17720 Corporate Woods Drive
- Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital: 210-575-8110; 8026 Floyd Curl Drive
- Northeast Baptist (adults over 55): 210-297-2000; 8811 Village Drive
- San Antonio Behavioral Healthcare Hospital: 210-541-5300; 8550 Huebner Road
- Texas Vista Medical Center: 210-921-2000; 7400 Barlite Blvd
- University Hospital: 210-358-4000; 4502 Medical Drive
Support Groups, Education, Referral Services
- National Alliance on Mental Illness San Antonio: 210-734-3349