Pediatric Liver Transplant
University Health’s Pediatric Liver Transplant Program has the most experienced transplant team in Texas, offering an individual care plans that meet the special needs of every child. Our physicians from UT Health San Antonio along with our nurses, coordinators and staff use their knowledge and expertise to improve the lives of children in need of liver transplants.
Here’s what makes us different:
- Whole liver organ transplantation
- Split liver transplantation
- The only pediatric living liver donor transplant program in South Texas
- ABO mismatch transplantation
- Full pre and post inpatient and outpatient services and support
- Bilingual staff
- State-of-the-art inpatient suites at University Hospital with ample room for family members
Our transplant program is recognized as a designated Center of Excellence by the insurance carrier Cigna LifeSource.
More information: A patient's guide to liver transplant surgery.
For more information, please call us at 210-567-5777.
Watch the story of a 7-month-old boy's liver transplant.