Pediatric Liver Transplant Patient Guide & Resources
Explore resources and information from the University Health transplant care team to help you learn more about your child’s liver transplant journey.
Pediatric Liver Transplant Patient Guide
Onsite Assistance for Families
Get the help you need when you’re at University Health, such as:
- Bilingual staff
- Financial counselors and assistance
- Language assistance services
- myUHS patient portal
Transplant Social Worker
Stay informed about services before and after a transplant by asking your social worker about:
- Community services and resources
- Funding for health care expenses
- Health insurance benefits information
- Medication assistance programs
- Transportation assistance for medical appointments
- Transitioning and adjusting to life after transplant
- Travel planning and lodging help if you live out-of-town
Ask our chaplains for spiritual care and support. Our Peveto Center for Pastoral Care is a quiet, welcoming place and is open 24 hours a day. Call 210-358-4000 for services.
Find support and share experiences with other parents, families and transplant patients. Contact your transplant social worker at 210-567-5777 to find a support group or go to our social media pages:
- University Transplant Institute Patient & Caregivers Facebook private group
- University Transplant Institute Facebook page
Transplant Patient Endowment Fund
Learn about the University Health Foundation Transplant Endowment Fund if you need financial help during the liver transplant process.
Online Patient Resources
Find reliable online education and resources to learn more about liver disease and organ transplants.
Visit our liver health information to learn more about how we treat liver diseases and tumors.
American Liver Foundation
Transplant Information and Organizations
Pediatric Organ Donation (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (TOSA)
Transplants for Children (San Antonio-based nonprofit organization)