Pediatric Allergies, Immunology & Autoimmune Diseases
Comprehensive Care for Immune Disorders
At University Health, board-certified pediatric allergists and pediatric immunologists diagnose, treat and educate children with allergies and autoimmune diseases.
Allergy Care for Children
Your child’s immune system is designed to fight off harmful invaders. But when their body mistakes harmless invaders, like dust or pollen, for harmful ones, their immune system responds incorrectly. This is why your child may be sneezing or have watery eyes.
We treat allergies including:
- Medication allergies
- Environmental allergies (dust, pollen, mold, grass, etc.)
- Food allergies
Immune System Care for Children
We offer comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and management of children’s immune system disorders, including:
- Allergy, asthma, anaphylaxis and hypersensitivity
- Auto inflammatory syndromes
- Autoimmune disorders (juvenile arthritis, lupus, etc.)
- Periodic fever syndromes
- Primary immune deficiency (PID)
- Weakened immune systems from infectious disease or organ transplant
Ask Your Doctor for a Referral
Check with your insurance plan to see if you need a referral from your pediatrician. If you don’t have insurance, we can connect you with a financial counselor to work out a payment option that works for you. We will do what we can to ensure there are no barriers getting your child the care they need.