Pediatric Heart Patient Journey & Family Support
At University Children’s Health Congenital Heart Center, your child comes first. Our outstanding multidisciplinary care team will ensure the best outcome for your child .
Meeting Kids’ Needs
Our involved and caring Child Life specialists provide age appropriate activities, playtime and distraction during procedures. They will meet with your child before surgery, during the hospital stay and after surgery.
The Child Life specialists help your child normalize and understand their experience at their age level.
Learn how a Child Life specialist can support your:
Heart Center Family Amenities
The Heart Center offers 18 comfortable patient rooms to ease the stress of your child’s hospitalization.
Other amenities include:
- Hotel-like rooms for patient’s extended stays
- Sleeper sofa in your child's room
- Family lounge and library
- Internet café and workspaces
- Kids’ play areas
- Language and hearing assistance
- Laundry facility with supplies
- Shared kitchen and common areas
- Spiritual support