Pediatric Blood Diseases
At University Health, we offer comprehensive pediatric blood disorder care. We believe you and your child should be at the center of decision making. This ensures the best outcomes and quality of life for your child.
We offer some of the most advanced treatment options for pediatric blood disorders. We provide the education you need to make the right choice for your child. Our goal is to treat your child, not just the disease.
Nationally Recognized Care
The South Texas Comprehensive Hemophilia Treatment Center is the only treatment center of its kind in Bexar County. We serve patients from all over the South Texas region as well as other parts of the state. We are a federally certified hemophilia treatment center.
We have two programs that serve people with blood disorders from childhood into adulthood:
Conditions We Treat
The pediatric hematology experts at University Health treat blood disorders including:
- Sickle cell disease
- Bleeding and clotting disorders
- Vascular anomalies
- Von Willebrand Disease
- Pediatric thrombosis
- Bone marrow failure syndromes, including:
- White blood cell disorders, including:
- Congenital neutropenia
- Immune-mediated neutropenia
- Red blood cell disorders, including:
- Platelet disorders, including:
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
- Complement-mediated hematologic disorders, including:
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS)
- Atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS)
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria