Member Benefits & Services
Outreach representatives are available to assist the community, organizations, schools and churches. We offer health fairs, presentations, training and support to connect families in need of services. We can help you complete your enrollment application.
To reduce health risks during the COVID-19 pandemic, all community events have been postponed until further notice. However, if you have questions or would like information about our community outreach initiatives, health fairs, presentations or trainings, contact one of our outreach representatives at (210) 358-3371 or complete the form below to request to speak with an outreach representative.
CareLink provides our community and members with opportunities to participate in additional educational events and programs. Whether you want to enroll in CareLink, understand the Marketplace (Obamacare), or understand your private insurance, we have three education classes to help you and your family.
Connecting Kids to Coverage
We help to inform Bexar County families of the availability of free or low-cost health coverage under Medicaid and CHIP and assist families with the application process.
For more information about Connecting Kids to Coverage, Medicaid and CHIP please call 210-358-3920, email CareLink@uhs-sa.com or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
What are Medicaid and CHIP?
Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) offer free or low-cost health insurance for kids and teens. Children can get regular check-ups, immunizations, doctor and dentist visits, hospital care, mental health services, prescriptions and more. Children in a family of four earning up to $52,668 a year and sometimes more, may qualify.
We partner with community-based organizations, schools, churches and other public sites that serve families to connect children in need to these services.
What We Offer
- Presentations to staff about Medicaid/CHIP Guidelines and Coverage Information
- Presentations to parents/caretakers about Medicaid/CHIP Guidelines and Coverage Information
- Outreach and education via health and resource fairs
Enrollment and Renewal Assistance
- One-on-one application assistance at locations that serve families
- Our representatives speak Spanish
- Our representatives will help parents complete the Medicaid/Chip application
- Our representatives will submit the Medicaid/Chip application
- Our representatives will follow-up with parents as needed to ensure enrollment/renewal is successful
- Referral system setup with community-based organizations and schools to increase the enrollment and retention of children in Medicaid and CHIP
All workshops are currently postponed until further notice to reduce health risks during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CareLink Healthy Living Program
The CareLink Healthy Living Program is a six-session series that focuses on improving your overall health and well-being. CareLink members can receive a $10 credit toward their CareLink bill for each class attended or a $75 credit for attending all six classes:
- Chronic Disease Management
- Healthy Eating and Meal Planning
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight
- Healthy Coping Skills
- Problem Solving and Reducing Risks
The CareLink FitLink program is a fitness program where CareLink members can receive up to a $15 credit toward their CareLink balance. For more details, please call the Fitness Center at 210-358-7206.
The CareLink Workshop is a 1-hour session offered in English and Spanish which covers topics such as enrollment requirements, rights & responsibilities, payment plan & co-payments, maximum family liability, billing statements, contract, and services & resources.
myUHS.com makes it easy for you to make an appointment and pay your CareLink bill online. Patients can manage their health records, view lab results, and more. For more information, call 210-358-4045.
Blood Donor Services
University Health is the leading civilian trauma center in Bexar County. As a Level I Trauma Center capable of providing care for the most seriously injured patients, the hospital is always in need of a supply of blood.
Whenever you donate blood with University Health, or any of your relatives or friends donate blood in your name, we will take $25 off what you owe CareLink for each donation. For more information, please call 210-358-2812. Every time one donor gives blood, they are able to help University Health save three lives. Schedule an appointment to help us save lives!
UPS Utitlites Affordability Programs
CareLink partners with CPS energy and SAWS to help you save money on your utility bill.
- Case Verde – Energy saving tips that can help you save money on your energy bill.
- Senior Citizen Late Payment Waiver – If you are a senior, then you may qualify for a late payment waiver.
CareLink representatives are available for health fairs, presentations, or trainings. For more information, call 210-358-3371.
Please complete this form to request more information about our community outreach initiatives.