University Health understands providing the best care goes beyond knowledge, expertise and new technology. We’ve built our reputation on treating every member of our health community as an individual. Beyond the high level of care and attention you receive from all of our providers, we offer a number of support services for you and your family members.
We Care for You, Not Just Your Illness or Injury
We care about whole health – clinical, spiritual, emotional, family and community – because getting well is so much more than getting cured. You can count on our support team to provide help and services for details that can take your attention away from what’s most important: getting well.
Services and support our team offers you and your family includes:
- Language and hearing assistance services help eliminate communication barriers.
- Emotional and spiritual support help you deal with the emotions and stress that often come with illness.
- Social workers and care coordinators are experts in navigating the systems and the day-to-day administrative details of being in the hospital, such as insurance, other funding resources, transportation and housing.
- Front door ambassadors are your first assurance you’re in the right place and will be cared for well. They answer questions, take you to and from appointments and are always ready with a smile.
- Support groups are available for patients and their families who have experienced stroke or a breast cancer diagnosis
- Our patient portal offers easy bill pay, requesting appointments, lab and imaging results and more