Medicaid and CHIP
Low-Cost Health Coverage
Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provide free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans, including some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with disabilities.
You can apply for and enroll in Medicaid and CHIP any time of year. If you qualify, your coverage can start immediately.
For more information or to submit an application, call 210-358-3350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medicaid and CHIP Eligibility
To be eligible to enroll in health coverage through Medicaid, you must be:
- 65 or older
- Under the age of 21
- Someone who has “aged out” of foster care until you reach age 26
- Living with a disability
- A parent or adult caring for a child
- An adult without dependent children (some states)
- An eligible immigrant
To be eligible to enroll in health coverage through CHIP, you must be:
- Under the age of 19
- A pregnant person of any age
- U.S. citizen and certain lawfully present immigrants may be eligible
To apply for Medicare or CHIP, you will need:
- Valid ID (proof of age)
- Proof of Citizenship
- Marital Status
- Proof of family income (most recent check stub, Social Security award letter, pension checks)
- Additional family income (checking account, stocks, bonds, 401K, trust funds, deeds to owned property)
By connecting with CareLink our outreach representatives will guide you through the process and submit applications on your behalf ensuring a more effective and efficient process.
CareLink offers presentations to staff, parents and caretakers about Medicaid/CHIP guidelines and coverage information. For more information, please contact CareLink at 210-358-3350 or email@example.com.