What to Bring
For your procedure at University Health, we want you to be as comfortable as possible. That means being prepared before, during and after your surgery. We’ll help you through every step. Expect a call from your preoperative nurse the day prior to your surgery. You’ll discuss what to bring, any instructions you need to know about and questions you may have.
What to Bring the Day of Surgery
Please be sure to bring the following:
- A favorite toy or blanket (comfort item) for children
- All your medicines in the original containers – include nonprescription medications
- Driver’s license or picture identification (ID)
- Health insurance card
- Money or a credit card for your insurance co-pay
- Proof of guardianship or power of attorney (if needed)
- Storage cases for glasses, contacts, retainers or dentures
Following outpatient surgery, make sure a responsible adult is able to drive you home.