Nationally Recognized, Award-Winning Teaching Hospital
University Health, an academic medical center with 716 beds, a 2016 operational budget of $1.5 billion and over 800 physicians, is well positioned to provide residents with a superior clinical training environment. Our new one-million-square-foot 10-story Sky Tower opened in 2014 providing two floors of surgical suites with 35 new operating rooms, 420 private hospital rooms, advanced technology and an expanded Emergency Department.
It is here where:
- New treatments are discovered through research
- Patients benefit from clinical trials
- Surgical advances are made, including video conferencing with other clinicians for consults, O-arm imaging system for spinal surgery and two hybrid operating rooms with enhanced capabilities
- Trauma patients receive fast and accurate diagnosis of their injuries through our premier Level I Trauma Center
- LEED-certified buildings allow us to conserve water and energy, reduce waste and lower operating costs
- The city of San Antonio is growing fast, with a diverse patient culture
Choosing a Residency Program
Our affiliation with UT Health San Antonio, Residency Programs and our nationally and internationally recognized physicians allow us to have a teaching program that includes a comprehensive science and clinical curriculum. Through UT Health San Antonio, residencies are available in Anesthesiology, Dermatology, General Surgery, Pediatrics and more.
Match Day – Applying for a Residency Program
For more than 50 years, Match Day has become a rite of passage for graduating medical students across the country and across the generations. The Match was established in 1952 to provide a fair vehicle for students to apply to residency programs.
Visit nrmp.org for registration dates, how a match works, how to apply and more.