Nursing Scholarship Program Requirements
The requirements to receive a nursing scholarship are:
- Applicant must be employed by University Health System for at least one (1) full year prior to applying for scholarship.
- Applicant must provide confirmation of acceptance to an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing School degree program.
- A maximum of three (3) years of scholarship funds will be provided to the scholar.
- A maximum of $2,500 in financial support will be awarded the first year; a maximum of $3,000 in financial support will be awarded the 2nd year; and a maximum of $3,000 will be awarded the 3rd year in the scholarship program for tuition and books as long as the applicant remains in the scholarship program.
- Funds will be reimbursed at the completion of each semester once the academic standard Grade Point Average (GPA) is confirmed.
- Academic standard must be maintained at a 3.0 GPA.
- Six (6) volunteer hours will be required per year of Nursing Scholars to support University Health System Foundation efforts.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2016-2017 Academic School Year. Applications for the 2017-2018 Academic School Year will be available in May 2017.