2022 CareLink How I Stay Safe Calendar Contest
Computer hackers, bullying and fires – oh my! Student winners addressed these and other safety themes in University Health’s How I Stay Safe Calendar Contest to share their safety messages and excitement about how they stay safe.
Encourage your students to enter their safety-themed artwork! The contest helps teachers incorporate injury-prevention lessons into their curriculum. Start developing injury prevention awareness with kids ages 4-12 to reinforce the importance of practicing safety at home, on the road and at school.
Twelve winners in Bexar County are announced each year. Prizes are awarded to the top four winners in each age category (4-6 years old; 7-8 years old; 9-12 years old).
The 2022 How I Stay Safe Calendar Contest drawing created by youth, ages 4-12, must give a positive message about preventing injuries. Entries will be accepted online or in-person from January 1 – February 29, 2022.
Entry forms can be submitted online. Acceptable digital artwork formats include GIF, JPG, JPEG and PDF.
2022 Contest Rules
Who can participate?
Students ages 4-12 who attend a school in Bexar County.
Drawings must give a positive message about how you can prevent injuries. Injury prevention topics include:
- Traffic safety
- Sports safety
- Violence prevention
- Water safety
- Stranger danger
- Fire prevention
- Poison safety
- Safety during play time
- Bullying prevention
- Internet safety
- Entries will be divided by age group: 4-6; 7-8; 9-12.
- Each age group will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, and honorable mention.
- Official entry form must be used.
- Limit one entry per child.
- No weapons, drugs or alcohol can be featured.
- Drawings must address the theme of safety.
- All entries must be in color.
- A straight edge may be used but drawings must be free hand.
- Use of stencils or tracing is not permitted.
- Gluing materials to the surface is not permitted.
- Drawings must be original work.
- Entry cannot feature a business.
- Drawings that feature any of the above will be disqualified.
All entries become the property of University Health and may be used for marketing purposes. For more information, call CareLink Community Outreach at 210-358-3290. The How I Stay Safe contest is sponsored by University Health.