COVID-19 Updates from University Health System
Long before community spread of COVID-19 began in San Antonio, University Health System was planning for the impact of the virus on our community. Our attention to the crisis as early as January positioned us to navigate and lead through this difficult time. From keeping our staff informed on a daily basis to creating new processes and providing critical and timely information to our community, University Health System has been here for you throughout the COVID-19 crisis. And through our partnership with UT Health San Antonio, we’re researching and testing new ways to fight this virus now and into the future.
To put it simply: we’re prepared, and we’re here for you.
Some of the changes we have implemented to combat the novel coronavirus include:
- New patient and visitor guidelines, temporary clinic changes and mobilizing telehealth so our patients can receive the care they need under social distancing restrictions
- In-house COVID-19 testing at University Hospital for faster, more efficient results for our patients
- Emergency preparedness, including plans for a potential patient surge
- Discovering new treatments for COVID-19 and inventing protective solutions to counteract potential shortages of critical equipment and resources
- Daily communications with our staff on critical updates and guidelines so they can deliver care knowledgably and effectively in this continually developing situation
The world has changed, but University Health System’s commitment to your health and wellbeing has not. We will continue to innovate and work with our partners at UT Health San Antonio to ensure that our community has the best possible tools in the fight against COVID-19.