Our clinic conducts both pre-employment/post-job offer health screenings and annual health and wellness screenings.
The pre-employment/post-job offer screenings include a broad range of services including:
- Range of motion
- Vision screenings
- Ear, nose and throat screenings
- Pulmonary screenings
- Cardiovascular screens
The annual health and wellness screenings and services include:
- Weight, body fat composition and body mass index readings
- Cholesterol screenings
- Blood pressure screenings
- Blood sugar testing
- Identification of risk factors for disease and conditions
- Instructions for conducting self exams
- Information on appropriate resources for any health concerns
We offer immunizations required for your position including influenza, mumps/measles/rubella and varicella.
Fit testing determines which respirator (N-95) mask model and size fits the user best and ensures the user can put on the mask correctly. In addition to the testing conducted at your annual screening, fit testing should be completed periodically if there are any of the following:
- Change in facial features such as facial scarring, dental changes, cosmetic surgery or a significant change in body weight
- Development of a medical condition that would affect respiratory function
- Change in the size or model of the respirator
University Health's Flu Drive begins in September. For convenience, we give the vaccine in several locations including the staff bridge, in the Employee Health Clinic and at various ambulatory locations. During our Flu Drive, walk-ins are welcome any time between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. on your department's designated day or within that week. All employees, faculty and volunteers MUST have their badges in order to receive the vaccine and last year's flu sticker must be removed.
The Healthy "U" Wellness program is designed to educate staff about health opportunities, wellness tips and programs available.
- Health and wellness classes
- Blood pressure and Weight/Body Mass Index (BMI) checks
- Smoking cessation (Through Community First Health Plans)
- Fitness center memberships (Gold's Gym and Texas Diabetes Institute Fitness Center)
The Employee Health Clinic has scheduled trips to most of the University Health facilities in order to deliver annual health screenings.
All site visits are held from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., unless otherwise arranged.
The Get U Well Clinic is a walk-in, acute care clinic created for the treatment of minor illnesses or injuries for University Health employees and family members ages 12 and up. Minor illnesses that require minimal tests or a prescription can be treated, but NOT evaluations of ongoing illnesses. Also, illnesses or injuries that may require hospitalization or surgery can NOT be seen. The clinic can offer referrals to specialists within the University System Health plan.
There is a $15 payroll deducted fee for each visit. The Get U Well Clinic also offers sports physicals for University Health employees and their dependents for $25 payroll deducted fee.