You are a candidate for a mammogram if you:
- Are age 40 or older (most insurance companies will pay for a screening mammogram for women age 35-39 with a doctor's order)
- Have not had a mammogram within the past year
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have no unusual breast symptoms such as a lump
Preparing for your visit
- You don't need a doctor referral. We will call your insurance company to make sure you are eligible.
- We offer some financial assistance to qualifying women (call 358-7020 for more information).
- Screenings take about 15-20 minutes
- Wear a two-piece outfit. Avoid using lotion, -deodorant, powder and perfume on your breasts and underarm area.
- To register, go to healthyUexpress.com, click APPOINTMENT and complete the form. We’ll contact your insurance company for certification. Our radiology department will call you within 3-5 business days to verify available appointment times.
For more details or to schedule an appointment, call 210-358-7020.