Our 2-day Childbirth Class aims to prepare expectant moms for what's to come on the Big Day! Topics covered include:
- Breathing exercises
- Relaxation methods
- Comfort measures
- Third trimester pregnancy
- Labor and delivery (premature labor, stages and phases of labor, medical interventions, cesarean delivery and support person roles)
- Immediate postpartum
- Hospital tour
Please note, this is not a Lamaze class. Classes are held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Registration requirements include:
- Patient must have a University Medicine Associate or UT Health obstetrician
- Patient must plan to deliver at University Hospital
- Patient must be at least 28-weeks pregnant when attending this class
- Patient must have her doctor's approval to participate in this class
- Patients with high-risk conditions should not register for this class
Children are not allowed at this class. Childcare is not available.