Enjoy this healthy peanut butter and banana smoothie recipe from Kay Vavrina, a University Health registered dietitian.
Ready in: 5 mins
Yield: 1 smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 4 ice cubes
- ½ cup cold skim milk or ½ cup soymilk
- Puree the frozen banana in a blender for about 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut butter and blend again.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until crushed.
- Finally, add the milk, blend until smooth and pour into a tall glass to drink. Enjoy!
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Protein 8g 15%
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 10%
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.