Employee Discount Offers
Interested in offering a discount for your goods or services to University Health employees? If so, please fill out the vendor employee discount application.
Once an application is received from either an individual or corporate vendor (a "vendor"), the application is reviewed by the University Health Employee Discount Review Committee. Vendors must obtain application approval and accede to the Discount Vendor Agreement in order to obtain final approval to enter the Employee Discount Program.
Once approved by University Health, the vendor’s discount offer usually is posted to the Employee Discount website at the beginning of each month.
Employee Discount Program Guidelines
- The discount must be available to all employees, house staff and volunteers of University Health (individually referred to herein as "employee", and collectively, "employees").
- The vendor offering the discount must be a reputable business as determined within the sole discretion of University Health.
- The vendor offering the discount may not be a University Health employee.
- The vendor offering the discount shall not provide a gift, favor or service exclusively to a University Health employee that would result in the personal gain or benefit of that employee.
- There is no vendor fee to participate in the Employee Discount Program; it is considered "free" visibility for vendors. Therefore, University Health expects that vendor will provide quality savings directly to University Health employees. Therefore, the discount must be specific to University Health (or similar to other corporate/group discounts) and not substantially similar to other discounts offered to the general public.
- The vendor offering the discount must be appropriate for the website, as determined within the sole discretion of University Health. Vendor offers relating to any objectionable materials or services will not be approved (i.e. firearms or explosives, pornography-related items or services, alcohol, tobacco, gambling, illegal substances, etc.).
- The vendor offering the discount is prohibited from direct employee solicitation in accordance with University Health Solicitation Policy No. 2.07.
- If employment verification is required, the following policy must be adhered to:
An employee badge can only be presented by the employee, house staff or volunteer and cannot be taken/removed from his/her possession;
The employee badge cannot be photocopied/faxed or reproduced for maintaining records on the individual or for any other purpose; or
Business cards may be used as acceptable forms of employment verification.
- University Health does not endorse any goods or services offered by vendors. Because of this, vendors shall refrain from representing or implying to University Health employees that University Health endorses vendor goods or services. Any arrangements, services or products purchased with this employee discount program are the sole responsibility of, and are conducted strictly between, the vendor and the employee. University Health assumes no obligation or liability resulting from any transaction.
- Vendors will provide the following information on the University Health Employee Discount Program vendor application: company and/or vendor name, contact name, address and phone number, discount offer details (i.e. description of goods and/or services, specific discount(s) offered, redemption process, and effective dates), and vendor URL, if applicable. Each product/service discount offering must be provided for a period of no less than six (6) months.
- Either University Health or the vendor may terminate a discount offer. Three (3) weeks' prior notice by the vendor to University Health will be required prior to termination. University Health may terminate and withdraw any discount at any time for any reason. All discounts will automatically expire upon the expiration date entered for the offer. It is the vendor’s responsibility to re-establish a new discount offer. Throughout the year, new vendors will be invited to participate in this Employee Discount Program.
- Under no condition whatsoever will the vendor have any right to use or authorize the use of any University Health trademark, service mark, trade name or other intellectual property right otherwise owned by University Health or its affiliates.
- In performance of this agreement, the vendor agrees to comply with all Texas state and federal laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national religion, creed, marital status, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability in providing any benefits under the agreement.
- Vendor shall defend, indemnify, hold and save harmless University Health from all loss, damage, liability, or expense (including expense of litigation) resulting from any actual or alleged injury or death of any person, or from any actual or alleged loss of or damage to any property caused by or resulting from any act or omission of the vendor relating to or in regard to the performance of this agreement.
- In the event that a dispute arises regarding the terms, conditions, or breach of this agreement, the parties shall, as a condition precedent to taking any action, mediate the dispute using the services of a mutually agreed-upon independent mediator. The parties shall split the expenses of the mediator and the facility for the mediation, which shall be held in San Antonio, Texas at a location mutually agreed upon by the parties. Each party shall otherwise pay its own expenses. The Alternative Dispute Resolution provisions of the Revised Civil Statutes of Texas shall apply. If the parties have not resolved the dispute within 90 days after written notice beginning mediation (or longer period, if the parties agree to extend mediation), then the mediation shall terminate and the parties may initiate litigation. The parties may decide to arbitrate their dispute only upon mutual written consent and after mediation had been terminated as provided herein.
- The party that checks "I agree" represents and warrants that s/he is authorized to enter into this agreement on behalf of the party.
This agreement shall not become effective unless and until it is properly accepted by University Health.
UNIVERSITY HEALTH, AS THE OWNER OF THIS SITE, RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE REQUIREMENTS FROM TIME TO TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. THESE POSTING REQUIREMENTS, AS CURRENTLY IN EFFECT AND AS THEY MAY BE FROM TIME TO TIME AMENDED, APPLY TO ALL VISITS TO THIS WEBSITE, BOTH NOW AND IN THE FUTURE. UNIVERSITY HEALTH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT PUBLISH A DISCOUNT OR DISCONTINUE OFFERING A VENDOR DISCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON BY UNIVERSITY HEALTH IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.IN THE EVENT UNIVERSITY HEALTH RECEIVES A COMPLAINT ABOUT A VENDOR, THE VENDOR DISCOUNT MAY BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM THIS WEB SITE.