The Patient Experience
You and your family are at the center of everything we do at University Health. Whether you’re seeing us for routine care, diagnosis of a complex condition or visiting one of our outpatient locations, you’ll feel confident in the expertise of your health care team. You can be sure that you’re receiving the best care available in the region.
Culture of Healing
University Health is a collaborative community of people who care about your whole health and well-being. We are continually focused on improving communication, building trust and responding to your needs, as we strive to provide you and your family the highest levels of medical, emotional and spiritual care. Decisions related to your care are based on a strong foundation of outcomes-based research and made collaboratively, across experienced multi-disciplinary teams, with you and your family involved every step of the way.
At University Health, we believe everyone deserves to receive high quality health care services and be treated with the highest level of courtesy and respect.
We’re honored to be your choice as a healthcare provider, and welcome you and your family as critical members of your care team. Our goal is to make your healthcare experience the very best possible, whether you’re celebrating the birth of your first child or experiencing a condition or illness that requires specialized care.
Every person you encounter at University Health has the knowledge and experience to understand your needs. From a welcoming smile at one of our outpatient locations, to a reassuring pat on the shoulder in the hospital, you’ll notice we not only care for your health care needs – we care about you.
Pairing such compassion with the level of expertise you’ll encounter from our doctors, nurses, technologists, pharmacists and other allied health professionals sets us apart from other health care organizations.
We want you to be able to focus on what’s most important to you. Sometimes that means simply getting to the right location for your appointment. Other times, it means resting in a quiet, stress-free environment while you heal. We’ve considered all the details to make it as easy as possible for you to receive the care you expect and deserve. They type of care we all want for ourselves and family members.
You’ll receive comprehensive and seamless service regardless of your unique situation or the location where you’re seen.
- A system-wide, integrated electronic medical record (EMR) allows us to share your health information with your providers when needed. Such integration is important for your safety and security, and enables all of your University Health physicians and nurses to better communicate and coordinate care across services and locations.
- Before, during and after your visit or stay with us, you’ll receive phone calls, educational information, guidance and follow-up to ensure you understand what to expect.
- If you are admitted to the hospital, we welcome your family members to stay with you, and provide them with the support they need to focus on you. From comfortable in-room sleepers to amenities and free Wi-Fi, we’ve given your family every consideration.
- Sometimes it’s good to speak to and learn from others who’ve been in similar situations. That’s why we’ve established family support groups to help you and your family adjust to any life changes.
University Health strives to provide you the best possible environment, so you can heal faster and return home.
With our recent expansion at University Hospital and our Robert B. Green Campus Downtown, we’ve worked hard to create and experience that makes it just a little less stressful to go to the hospital or see a doctor.
- Healing gardens – University Hospital has three outdoor healing gardens available to patients, visitors and staff to relax, reflect and experience the sights and sounds of the outdoors.
- Private patient rooms – Spacious, private rooms with natural light, artwork, a full bathroom, on-demand room service and space for a loved one to stay overnight provide the most comfortable environment for inpatient stays at University Hospital.
- Healing art – Our Salud-Arte: Art of Healing Program offers you and your family a peaceful and welcoming environment through its art at University Hospital and Robert B. Green Campus, designed to awaken the senses, promote healing and create a sense of wonder.
Please let a staff member know if there is anything you see that we can do better to improve your experience in University Hospital or any of our outpatient care locations. We want to hear from you, so if you receive a survey in the mail about your care experience, please complete and return it.