Thousands of Stories of Hope & Healing are Proof Your Donation Matters. Donate Now
We are not an ordinary hospital or health system. We are an academic medical center in partnership with the UT Health San Antonio. We are powered by many of the best and brightest physicians, nurses and healthcare professionals in the nation – people who are developing tomorrow’s best practices today.
These personal stories are examples of the University difference:
- Jane Swanson, survivor of a tragic workplace shooting that left two women dead, becomes an advocate of supporting trauma care.
- Drew Rice, who at age 9, had a diagnosis out of left field and learned that it doesn’t take two legs to make a champion.
- Larry Price, San Antonio Police Officer – A sore throat led to the fight of his life. Now he’s warning others.
- Nicholas Velasquez, a 6-year old, who suffered massive injuries in a head-on vehicle collision is here today and back at school and even walking.
- Kevin King, the breath of life comes full circle for a former lifeguard.
- Saving Abby Jack: One Decision, One Day at a Time
- “Mama, am I going to die?” 13 year-old Valeria Garcia asked after her first CT scan – she’s not your typical teenager.
- Leana Mendoza and family were headed to the circus when a car jumped the curb and plowed head-on into their vehicle. Her courage of a bear and the heart of a lion helped her through a medically induced coma and multiple surgeries to go home to Laredo.
- Jonathan Esquivel, a San Antonio police officer, was training for a marathon when struck by a truck going 50 mph while working a collision on Loop 410. A team was there to save his life and his family held on to hope. Today Jonathan is back on the streets and in uniform.
- Gilbert Hernandez, III was a brand new baby in 1993 who underwent a pioneering heart surgery and made history.
From complex treatment for trauma to routine primary care, thousands of people choose University Health System. It’s where they know they’ll find the area’s most innovative and advanced care.
San Antonio’s Health System & Yours Too
When you make a donation, you are helping improve the lives of the patients we care for and make our community stronger and healthier.
Donate online now or submit your donation via fax or mail.