Compassionate Urologic Care Focused on Least Invasive Options First
Taking care of urologic problems like yours is what we specialize in. The urology team at University Health System provides compassionate, sensitive care that considers the least invasive ways to treat your condition first. We ask:
- Can we try a behavioral therapy approach?
- Can a medication treat it?
- If surgery is required, is a minimally invasive or robotic approach available?
Complete Urologic Care – from Biofeedback Clinic to Robotic Surgery
We partner with you from the first consultation through diagnosis and treatment – inpatient and outpatient – to follow-up care.
We offer a specialty biofeedback clinic – the South Texas Pelvic Floor and Bladder Center at University Hospital – in collaboration with UT Medicine San Antonio. This facility has the most advanced technology and a full range of treatment services for conditions such as urinary incontinence.
When you need surgery, you’re in the best hands. We offer the full range of advanced urologic procedures and have fellowship-trained surgeons for minimally invasive robotic surgery.
Urologic Treatments We Offer
University urologists offer the following treatments:
- Botox injections for bladder dysfunction
- Behavioral management for stress urinary incontinence
- Complete urologic cancer care including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Implants for erectile dysfunction
- InterStim® therapy for bladder dysfunction
- InterStim® therapy for fecal incontinence
- Lithotripsy for stones including laser
- Medication for bladder dysfunction
- Pelvic muscle exercises for urinary urge incontinence
- Perineal stimulation for overactive bladder
- Splints for pelvic health
- Robotic procedures for kidney surgery (nephrectomy), prostate surgery and urologic conditions
- Surgery for urinary retention