Our Rehabilitation Facilities
We Help You Regain Function
At University Health System, we offer the most advanced technology and equipment available for rehabilitation. Our rehab specialists excel at being patient and understanding, encouraging you to achieve as much as you possibly can. Our goal is to get you back to what’s important to you — full use of your body as much as your condition allows.
University’s Reeves Rehabilitation Center provides comprehensive, hands-on rehabilitation for conditions ranging from arthritis to traumatic brain injury recovery. We provide a full range of inpatient services at University Hospital and outpatient rehabilitation services at four convenient locations around San Antonio.
Latest Technology Means Best Outcomes for You
Reeves Rehabilitation Center boasts the latest in high-tech physical therapy and rehabilitation equipment including:
- EKSO exoskeleton, a wearable bionic suit that enables individuals with lower extremity paralysis to walk
- AlterG AntiGravity Treadmill, a treadmill that enables a person with lower body injuries or pain to walk with minimal stress and impact
- TheraSuit®, a soft brace that enhances postural control to allow exercises to improve range of motion, posture, balance and flexibility
- Bioness® Foot Drop & Thigh Weakness System, a device that sends electrical stimulation to the muscles that help with walking, improving ankle strength, knee control and balance
- Driving simulator, a computer display with a steering wheel designed to gauge driving skills in difficult environments through assessment of reaction time, visual awareness and more
Our Experienced & Caring Team Is Here for You
You’ll feel at home, cared for and understood in our rehabilitation programs. We involve team members from every specialty you need to help you regain your abilities. We’re patient and compassionate and challenge you to go as far as you can as soon as you’re able. We welcome your family members to be involved in your rehabilitation. You’ll have the support of our team of experts at every step of your rehabilitation.
Your rehabilitation may involve team members from these specialties:
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors
- Nurses specializing in rehabilitation
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Respiratory therapists
- Brain injury-certified therapists
- Professional care coordinators/social services