Start with a free pregnancy test. Continue with the best possible prenatal care. Then, move on to a lifetime relationship with doctors you can trust. Our maternity services include:
- Board-certified obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists and neonatologists on the leading edge of research
- Unique CenteringPregnancy program
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists for high-risk pregnancies
- Certified lactation consultants
- Childbirth, newborn and lactation classes
- Doctors at University Hospital delivering newborns around the clock
- Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Angel Eye [add registration mark] and Baby Chat video program in the NICU
We also offer an extended range of support services including:
- Bilingual and interpreter services
- Financial assistance
- Nurse-Family Partnership program
- Patient navigators and perinatal coordinators to assist you throughout your pregnancy
We specialize in delivering the most comprehensive care for women with high-risk pregnancies. Our Maternal-Fetal Medicine program brings together a dedicated team of doctors, nurses and other experts with specialized training in providing the care you and your baby need for the best possible outcomes of a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
University has the resources to help you manage your chronic medical condition or pregnancy-related illness, such as gestational diabetes or hypertension.
When it’s time to have your baby, you can rely on University Hospital to provide leading-edge, family-centered care in a comfortable setting. Choose University for labor and delivery to experience:
- Experienced obstetrical and neonatal physicians, nurses and midwives caring for you and your baby
- Delivery by a doctor or certified midwife
- Private labor and delivery rooms
- Family-friendly atmosphere
- In-house lactation support from international board-certified lactation consultants
- Dedicated anesthesiologist in-house 24 hours a day for labor and delivery patients
If your baby arrives prematurely or experiences difficulties adjusting after birth, you can rest a little easier knowing he or she will receive the best possible care in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. University Hospital offers a Level IV (highest level) NICU in South Texas.
If you cannot be with your baby in the NICU because you live outside San Antonio and cannot travel to the hospital frequently, you may be able to take advantage of our unique Angel Eye system. Angel Eye lets you interact with your baby in real time through a high-quality camera and secure, online interface.
We also offer Baby Chat for mothers recovering after delivery who can’t get to the NICU. This technology allows you to see and hear your infant by using an iPad. We help you feel like you’re at the NICU bedside even when you can’t be there in person.