Eligible patients receive services at no cost.
Medication Therapy Management includes a one-on-one meeting with a pharmacist to:
- Find cheaper drugs
- Make sure you are using your medication correctly
- Reduce medication-related problems
- Find new medications that can improve your health
- Help you make positive lifestyle changes
- Learn more about your condition
A pharmacist will call you to schedule an appointment. Each session lasts about 30 minutes. You will receive a personal medication record (PMR) and a medication action plan with advice on how to solve medication problems.
There are certain criteria that must be met to be eligible for the MTM program. Currently, it’s only for Medicare Part B patients who:
- Have at least one of these chronic conditions – diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, asthma or chronic pain
- Take 10 or more prescription drugs
- Spend at least $4,000 per year on prescription medications
We get a list of all eligible patients and call them to let them know they qualify.
We know that being informed about your medications enables you to better manage your health. Here are some educational resources you may find helpful: