Our surgical program is led by 2 board-certified pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons who have 40 years of combined experience in pediatric heart care.
- S. Adil Husain MD, is a professor of cardiothoracic surgery and chief of the division of pediatric cardiothoracic surgery at UT Health San Antonio.
- John H. Calhoon, MD, is a professor and chair of cardiothoracic surgery at UT Health San Antonio, and holds the Rowena C. Gorman Distinguished Chair in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery.
Our cardiology team consists of 6 pediatric cardiologists who provide innovative clinical care with a family-centered approach.
- Steven R. Nelsh, MD, SM is a professor and vice chairman of pediatrics at UT Health San Antonio, and holds the Richard S. Wayne Distinguished Chair in Pediatric Cardiology.
- Sergio Bartakian, MD is an assistant professor of pediatrics at UT health San Antonio and director of the Pediatric and Congenital Interventional Catheterization Program.
- Patrick Glasow, MD is a clinical professor of pediatrics in the Division of Cardiology at UT Health San Antonio.
- Elaine Maldonado-Campbell, MD is an assistant professor of pediatrics and director of Pediatric and Fetal Echocardiography Services at UT Health San Antonio.
- Mehul D. Patel, MD is an assistant professor of pediatrics at UT Health San Antonio
- Roozbeh Taeed, MD is an associate professor of pediatrics at UT Health San Antonio.