Our Stroke Facility
Comprehensive Stroke Center: An Award-Winning Place of Healing
University Hospital is home to San Antonio’s most comprehensive stroke treatment. Our designation as a Level ll Stroke Center means we’re equipped with a level of readiness, expertise and technology that goes unmatched. You have 24/7 access to the most advanced, immediate care you need when you have symptoms of stroke.
From the moment you step through our doors, our Stroke Center facility provides a higher level of care, commitment and compassion, thanks to:
- San Antonio’s largest emergency department, a state-of-the-art Level l Trauma Center for adults
- Around-the-clock intensive care in our specialized neurocritical care unit
- A designated stroke unit in the hospital’s Sky Tower
- Large, comfortable private rooms
- 35 state-of-the-art surgical suites for faster access to lifesaving treatment
- Healing gardens
Our Stroke Center is where you’ll find expertise and results combined with a spirit of healing and hope. A combination that earned us the 2015 Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines program.