The radiologists at University Health System are subspecialized, with advanced training and expertise focused in a particular area such as bone, heart or brain. We meet a variety of medical needs, ranging from routine imaging services, such as mammograms and X-rays, to groundbreaking procedures.
Our services include:
- Nuclear medicine
In addition to imaging services, our team offers imaging and intervention expertise in
these specialty areas:
- Brain and spine imaging and intervention
- Functional MRI
- Brain perfusion
- Stroke imaging
- DAT scan
- Bone and joint imaging and intervention
- Joint pain management
- Bone biopsies
- Breast imaging and intervention
- Digital mammography
- Digital tomosynthesis
- Breast MRI
- Cancer imaging and intervention
- Tumor ablation
- Transplant imaging and intervention
- Cardiac imaging
- Pediatric imaging and intervention
- Vascular imaging and intervention
- Abdominal imaging and intervention
- Urologic imaging and intervention
- Chest and lung imaging and intervention
- Women’s imaging and intervention
- Uterine fibroid embolization
Our partnership with UT Health San Antonio gives us access to the latest technology, clinical research and advanced treatments. We offer innovative care not commonly found in other health systems.
Some of our advanced treatments include:
Every image is read by a University radiologist. Your ordering physician will have your image results within 24 hours, offering peace of mind and the opportunity for quick action.
For your convenience, we offer standard imaging services at multiple locations throughout South Texas. Full imaging services are available 24/7 at University Hospital.
University facilities feature leading-edge equipment that uses low-dose radiation and offers quality images fast. With multiple scanners in key areas of the hospital, such as the Emergency Department and surgical units, our patients get the radiology procedures they need quickly. We even have portable CT scanners that can be brought to patients to enhance their comfort and safety in critical situations.