Upon arrival to the hospital, our admissions staff will ask you to register.
We’ll walk you through the process step-by-step. To help the registration process go smoothly, please bring:
- Personal identification with photo (examples include your driver's license, military ID or passport)
- Medical insurance information
- Full amount of medical insurance co-payment, deductibles or fees for service
- Your current medications, including any over-the-counter medications, vitamins or herbs you may be taking
If you bring eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures, prostheses or any medical equipment, please notify your nurse. We’ll be sure to keep track of these items during your stay.
To ease your admission to University Hospital, please do not bring valuable items such as jewelry or large sums of money. Leave valuables and excess property at home or with a family member. If you do have valuable items on you, please let your nurse or admissions specialist know.
Valuable items will be inventoried and stored in the Admissions Office. We’ll record all your valuables on Form 95, which will be placed in your medical chart. You will be given a copy of the form in order to collect your belongings after discharge.
Pick Up Valuables
Once you’re aware of the date of your discharge, you can return to the Admissions Office to pick up your valuables. You will need:
- Your copy of Form 95
- Photo ID
Arrange to pick them up during these hours:
- Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Outside of these hours, you can pick up your valuables by going to the Emergency Department, on the Ground Level of the Sky Tower, using the A Elevator. The front desk clerk will contact the Patient Care Coordinator to retrieve your valuables.