Why University Health System Float Pool?
Owned by the people of Bexar County, University Health System is a nationally recognized academic medical center. In partnership with UT Medicine San Antonio, the practice plan of UT Health Science Center, it is consistently recognized as a leader in advanced treatment options, new technologies and clinical research. Apply online today!
Awards & Distinctions
Float Pool Benefits
The float pool provides an excellent opportunity for nurses to work throughout the hospital in a variety of units, including medical/surgical, ICU and Pediatric.
- Float pool nurses treat a diverse range of patients and enjoy the variety of working in different settings.
- The float pool provides an ideal setting for nurses who would like the opportunity to work in a variety of areas.
- Full-time and Part-time with benefits or PRN positions available.
- Enhanced rates
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible hours
- Apply online today!
About University Health System
- University Health System is one of the largest employers in Bexar County with over 5,000 employees, nearly 700 resident physicians, and an operating budget of $947.6 million for 2012.
- University Hospital, currently operating 716 beds
- One of just 15 Level I trauma centers in Texas, and the premier trauma center for all of South Texas. It is the only hospital in San Antonio able to provide expert trauma care for critically injured and burned children.
- The Emergency Department at University Hospital is the busiest in the region and averages nearly 70,000 visits each year.
- The University Transplant Center is a 2008 and 2009 Medal of Honor recipient from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and achieves patient outcomes exceeding national averages for kidney, liver and lung transplantation.