School Coordinator Checklist
University Health System is proud to offer a variety of healthcare internships and clinical nursing education programs.
A clinical coordinator, faculty member or school official must complete the items on the School Coordinator Checklist before a student is placed at University Health. Not all items on this list will apply to everyone. If you have questions, please email us at Student.Placement@uhs-sa.com.
- Ensure the students you want to send are covered by an affiliation agreement.
- At least 30 days before students begin: School coordinators submit placement requests.
- University accepts nursing and allied health placement requests through ServEdLink, an online placement system. If you do not have an account, please contact the Greater San Antonio Healthcare Foundation to set one up.
- To place other types of students, visit the Clinicals & Internships page.
- At least 21 days before students begin: Instructors/preceptors, submit computer access forms if University Health unit/preceptor wants students to have computer access. University Health Data Security will email instructor/preceptor login information in approximately 15 business days.
- At least 7 days before students begin: School coordinators, ensure your instructors and students are aware they must wear school identification badges at all times. If they do not have school badges, they must purchase University Health ID badges.
- At least 7 days before students begin: Instructors/preceptors, submit badge access forms if University Health unit/preceptor wants students to have badge access to controlled areas. University Health Access Management will notify instructor when access is granted.
- At least 7 days before students begin: Students (and instructor, if coming to University Health facilities), choose a parking option. Parking & ID badge information
- Before school coordinator submits rotation verification form: Students (and instructors, if coming to University Health facilities), review University Health orientation materials.
- Before students begin: School representative only, after verifying your students have reviewed UHS orientation materials, have basic health insurance, and have up-to-date immunizations, submit Rotation Verification form. Notify University Health unit/preceptor when complete.
- Before the due date (listed below): School representative only, submit Annual Flu Shot form. Notify University Health unit/preceptor when complete.
- Fall semester – not required until after the current season's flu shot becomes available, due October 31
- Spring semester – due before the students begin
- Summer semester – not required